Thursday, October 17, 2013

Indie Polish Review: Shleee Polish

*3-free
*Handmade
I have some really awesome Halloween polishes to show you today! 
I recently came across Shleee Polish on Etsy & Wow! does she sure have some unique creations :) I wanted all of her polishes, but I restrained myself to just two from her Halloween collection: From Dusk Till Dawn and The Great Pumpkin.



First is From Dusk Till Dawn. I was ecstatic about the name because I'm a big fan of the movie. If you've never seen it, it's a great time of year to watch it. It's got George Clooney & vampires, what else could you want? ;)
From Dusk Till Dawn is a glitter topper featuring holo red skulls, red diamonds, red & black squares, red & black hexes, and tiny red & black micro glitters.



I have 1 generous coat of From Dusk Till Dawn over 2 thin coats of French White Tip by NYC, all topped with Seche Vite top coat to smooth things out. 
I did have to do a little bit of fishing for the skulls, but I found that just shaking the bottle upside down helped a lot. 
From Dusk Till Dawn isn't just for Halloween, I'll definitely be sporting this all year round :)



The Great Pumpkin is a glitter topper with large orange & black pumpkins, various sized orange & black hexes, and green & black shards. There was even a hint of some holo black micro glitters.


I have 2 thin coats of The Great Pumpkin over 2 thin coats of Charcoal by Paint Shop Polish. I used Nutra Nail's High Gloss Top Coat, but maybe I should have used Seche Vite...
I had some troubles with the pumpkin glitters, but that's expected with a large, heavy glitter. Shaking the bottle upside down really helped me fish them out. 
I received numerous compliments wearing this. Everyone loved the pumpkins! How could you not? They're just so cute! The Great Pumpkin is quite possibly my new favorite fall polish.

Look at all the pumpkin-y goodness!
Ashley will be releasing her Holiday collection tomorrow at 10:30AM pacific, set your alarms!
 Her Etsy shop, which you can visit here, has many more polishes to choose from. Even Mickey Mouse polishes & custom orders! She does not offer mini bottles, but you can get your hands on a full sized bottle for $9-$13. 

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Nice Blog :)

    Wanna follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, Facebook or Twitter???

    Just let me know and I will make sure to follow ya back
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkin glitter. So Awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! would you like to follow each other by Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete